The primary responsibilities of the County Board of Commissioners are: the management of county funds; care for county property; adoption of the county budget; setting of tax levies and salaries of elected and appointed county officials; administration of several programs established by state law.
Here is some basic information regarding the Cass County Commissioners:
Map of Commissioners Districts
1. Where are the Cass County Board of Commissioners Meetings held?
- The Cass County Commissioners meetings are held in the Cass County Courthouse - Room 101, Plattsmouth NE 68048.
2. How many Commissioners are on the Cass County Board?
- Cass County has five Commissioners, with each one representing a different district in the County.
3. How long does each Cass County Commissioner serve?
- County Commissioners serve four-year terms.
4. Are Cass County Commissioners elected or appointed?
- County Commissioners are elected. When a Commissioner is unable to complete his or her term, a committee made up of the County Attorney, County Clerk, and County Treasurer appoints a successor for the remainder of the term.
5. How often do the County Commissioners meet?
- The Cass County Commissioners meet at the Cass County Courthouse room 101 on every other Tuesday of each month at 8:00 a.m.
6. Are the County Board meetings televised on the local access channel?
- No, however, the minutes of every meeting are published in the Plattsmouth Journal the week following the actual meeting.
7. Can the public attend County Board meetings?
8. How can I find out what is on the agenda for a commissioner meeting?
- This WEBSITE or call the County Clerk at 402-296-9304 for agenda and minutes of previous meetings.
Dale Sharp - District 1
Taylor Boyle - District 2
Alexander DeGarmo - District 3
John Winkler - District 4
Duane Murdoch - District 5