Cass County Veterans' Service Officer
The County Veterans' Service Office was created by state statute to assist veterans and their dependents in times of need, or to file for all County, State or Federal benefits earned by virtue of the military veteran's service to a grateful Nation and the State of Nebraska. The Veterans' Service Officer serves under the direction of the Veterans' Service Committee appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Veterans' Service is accomplished by:
- Being sensitive and helpful to veterans/dependents in their time of need.
- Providing assistance and counseling to veterans and their families.
- Initiating and completing claims to be submitted to the VA Regional Office, Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs, or other appropriate agencies with accuracy and professionalism.
- Maintaining the highest level of training and education to best serve veterans.
- Serving as a trusted and respected partner in collaboration with other agencies when assisting veterans.
All inquires can be addressed to this office at:
346 Main Street., Rm. 102 Plattsmouth, NE 68048
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Monday's and Friday's: Walk-in Only
Tuesday's, Wednesday's. and Thursday's : By Appointment
The Veterans' Service Office is located on the lower floor of the Cass County Courthouse building in room 102, the corner of 4th and Main Streets, Plattsmouth, NE.