The primary responsibilities of the County Board of Commissioners are: the management of county funds; care for county property; adoption of the county budget; setting of tax levies and salaries of elected and appointed county officials; administration of several programs established by state law.
Here is some basic information regarding the Cass County Commissioners:
1. Where is the Cass County Board of Commissioners Office located?
- The Cass County Commissioners Office is located in the Cass County Courthouse room 101, Plattsmouth NE 68048.
2. How many Commissioners are on the Cass County Board?
- Cass County has five Commissioners with each one representing a different district in the County.
3. How long does each Cass County Commissioner serve?
- County Commissioners serve four-year terms.
4. Are Cass County Commissioners elected or appointed?
- County Commissioners are elected. When a Commissioner is unable to complete his or her term, a committee made up of the County Attorney, County Clerk and County Treasurer appoint a successor for the remainder of the term.
5. How often do the County Commissioners meet?
- The Cass County Commissioners meet at the Cass County Courthouse room 101 on every other Tuesday of each month at 8:00 a.m.
6. Are the County Board meetings televised on the local access channel?
- No, however the minutes of every meeting are published in the Plattsmouth Journal the week following the actual meeting.
7. Can the public attend County Board meetings?
8. How can I find out what is on the agenda for a commissioner meeting?
- This WEB or call County Clerk at 402-296-9300, for agenda and minutes of previous meetings.
|All inquires can be addressed to: County Clerks Office
|346 Main Street
|Plattsmouth NE 68048-1964
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours are 8:oo am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Room 202 of the Cass County Court House. Mailing address:
County Clerk, 346 Main St. Plattsmouth, NE 68048
|Questions regarding this website should be sent to email@example.com
Copyright© 2001 Cass County, Nebraska, All Rights Reseved